A Green Mouse is an educational website for children that provides free online French and Spanish practice for students, teachers and parents.
The videos are hosted on the A Green Mouse YouTube Channel:
All content, including all the images, photographs, stories and recordings, is the work and property of A Green Mouse.
Please respect copyright.
A Green Mouse was a Content Partner, and still shares some of its resources on TES (The Times Educational Supplement), very grateful for support such as this mention in a February 2013 TES magazine:
Comments and suggestions are very welcome.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 – Email from a High School French Teacher:
“I discovered your videos recently and have really enjoyed using them … I teach high school French and your videos provide high-interest, scaffolded “comprehensible input” using target vocab and structures.
… your videos are perfect: high interest, scaffolded (with the English underneath), simple, and not too long.
Thank you for your work!”
2019 – Email from a parent:
“Thanks for having this site up. It’s very helpful for my son learning French. You have great songs and learning for anyone.
Merci beaucoup mon ami.”
2016 – Review by a primary school Spanish teacher:
“I have used many of the excellent resources with the children in my school. They ask for the stories again and again!
The resources are well-made and clearly structured and have inspired my pupils to create their own little stories.
It is amazing that these are freely available and I am very grateful for your hard work and generosity.”
2015 – Review by a Member of the UK Department for Education Expert Committee on Language:
“A Green Mouse is an inspiring, free resource that gives lots of interesting, free practice to everyone wishing to learn Spanish and French.”
2014 – Comments made by a preparatory school Spanish Teacher in the UK:
“The authenticity of your resources makes them so compelling. Just right for the children I teach. ¡Gracias por tu trabajo!”
“Love the listening resources shared by A Green Mouse – so real, so clear, and very human. Dogs are great too.”
Comments about individual resources:
Re: Las Fallas – Spanish Festival
– “Really helpful video clearly explaining Fallas.”
Re: Reflexive Verb Practice in French
– “Excellent travail – J’utilise vos vidéos avec succès auprès d’étudiants adultes analphabètes ou de niveau préalable en français langue seconde .”
– “What an excellent lesson. I will be using it with my Form 2 after class. Thank you so much!”
Re: Hobbies in Spanish – Sport and Music
– “A really helpful resource that could be used for pre/flipped learning. Love the hockey-playing dog. :)”
Re: My Family in Spanish
Re: ¿Por qué? Porque no sabe nada …
– “Characteristically beautiful, moving, life-affirming resource from A Green Mouse.”
Re: Spanish Stories
– “Pupils loved your brilliant stories this week. Thank you!”
Re: Parts of the Body in French
– “Really excellent visuals and organization of content. I’m an adult learner but I still really appreciate your videos. They make learning fun and easy. Great job!”
– “Thank you so much for sharing, you are helping to inspire teachers and students all over the world!
Re: Avoir Practice
– “This helped me for my Avoir Test. Thanks!”
– “Excellent, can’t wait to use it!”
Re – Je m’appelle Billy:
– “Very inspiring for young students, great for homework pronunciation practice.”
– “Lovely resource which will be so useful for my French teaching to home-educated children.”
– “This is genius. Thank you!”
Re – Spanish Hamster Story – Se llama Bugatti:
– “Brilliant, thank you so much! This will make a perfect starter video for my year 7 lesson on pets. We have been using the third person to describe our family using ‘se llama’ and ‘tiene’ so this links in beautifully.
Re – Spring in French:
– “This is a great way to start discussion about spring and what should be happening, as well as what actually is due to the weather!”
Re – A New Puppy in French:
– “A beautifully put-together presentation. What a cute puppy! My students will love it and learn from it. Thank you!”
Re – French Modal Verbs – Vouloir, Pouvoir, Devoir:
– “Merci beaucoup. It makes the lesson even more interesting for boys.”
Re – Spanish Vowel Sounds – A Rap:
– “Thank you for sharing your resource. This resource has been recommended by the Tes Resource Team for its relevance to the 2014 National Curriculum.”
– “Very catchy! And easy to adapt to other consonants!”
Re – My family in French:
– “An unusual way of teaching family. Fantastic idea!”
Re – Introductions in French:
– “Not only is this video thoroughly enjoyable but I am so pleased to discover the green mouse website. Thank you!”
Re – Recipe for Refried Beans:
– “Delicious recipe – Good starting point for looking at instructions, healthy eating or discussing Mexico. Gracias.
Re – Parts of the Body in Spanish:
– “Brilliant – This is exactly what I need for independent learning for my more able Year 3s. ¡Gracias!”
Re – Spanish Holidays – Past, Present and Future:
– “I like the way that this video is structured to give a clear example of a discussion about holidays. ¡Gracias!”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .