A Green Mouse was created in 2012 and is named after the traditional French nursery rhyme ‘Une Souris Verte’, partly because children are also encouraged to listen to and appreciate the natural world.
All the videos are hosted on the A Green Mouse youtube channel:
A Green Mouse Youtube Channel
Contact email: email@example.com
A Green Mouse is included on a list of ‘Websites of Interest’ on AATSP, the American Association of Spanish and Portuguese Teachers.
A Green Mouse also shares a number of resources on TES (The Times Educational Supplement), very grateful for support such as this mention in a February 2013 TES magazine:
A Green Mouse was created by Susie Mair. She has a Modern Languages Degree from Durham University, a PGCE, and spent many years in Spanish-speaking countries both as a child and with her own family, and several years in France.
REVIEWS + TESTIMONIALS:
Re: Las Fallas – Spanish Festival
– “Really helpful video clearly explaining Fallas.”
Re: Reflexive Verb Practice in French
– “Excellent travail – J’utilise vos vidéos avec succès auprès d’étudiants adultes analphabètes ou de niveau préalable en français langue seconde .”
– “What an excellent lesson. I will be using it with my Form 2 after class. Thank you so much!”
Re: Hobbies in Spanish – Sport and Music
– “A really helpful resource that could be used for pre/flipped learning. Love the hockey-playing dog. :)”
Re: My Family in Spanish
Re: ¿Por qué? Porque no sabe nada …
– “Characteristically beautiful, moving, life-affirming resource from A Green Mouse.”
Re: Spanish Stories
– “Pupils loved your brilliant stories this week. Thank you!”
Re: Parts of the Body in French
– “Really excellent visuals and organization of content. I’m an adult learner but I still really appreciate your videos. They make learning fun and easy. Great job!”
– “Thank you so much for sharing, you are helping to inspire teachers and students all over the world!
Re: Avoir Practice
– “This helped me for my Avoir Test. Thanks!”
– “Excellent, can’t wait to use it!”
Re – Je m’appelle Billy:
– “Very inspiring for young students, great for homework pronunciation practice.”
– “Lovely resource which will be so useful for my French teaching to home-educated children.”
– “This is genius. Thank you!”
Re – Spanish Hamster Story – Se llama Bugatti:
– “Brilliant, thank you so much! This will make a perfect starter video for my year 7 lesson on pets. We have been using the third person to describe our family using ‘se llama’ and ‘tiene’ so this links in beautifully.
Re – Spring in French:
– “This is a great way to start discussion about spring and what should be happening, as well as what actually is due to the weather!”
Re – A New Puppy in French:
– “A beautifully put-together presentation. What a cute puppy! My students will love it and learn from it. Thank you!”
Re – French Modal Verbs – Vouloir, Pouvoir, Devoir:
– “Merci beaucoup. It makes the lesson even more interesting for boys.”
Re – Spanish Vowel Sounds – A Rap:
– “Thank you for sharing your resource. This resource has been recommended by the Tes Resource Team for its relevance to the 2014 National Curriculum.”
– “Very catchy! And easy to adapt to other consonants!”
Re – My family in French:
– “An unusual way of teaching family. Fantastic idea!”
Re – Introductions in French:
– “Not only is this video thoroughly enjoyable but I am so pleased to discover the green mouse website. Thank you!”
Re – Recipe for Refried Beans:
– “Delicious recipe – Good starting point for looking at instructions, healthy eating or discussing Mexico. Gracias.
Re – Parts of the Body in Spanish:
– “Brilliant – This is exactly what I need for independent learning for my more able Year 3s. ¡Gracias!”
Re – Spanish Holidays – Past, Present and Future:
– “I like the way that this video is structured to give a clear example of a discussion about holidays. ¡Gracias!”
– Member of the UK Department for Education Expert Committee on Language, and former Ofsted Inspector, John Bald:
“A Green Mouse is an inspiring, free resource that gives lots of interesting, free practice to everyone wishing to learn Spanish and French.”
– Marie Foreman, Head of Spanish, Dame Bradbury’s School:
“I have used many of the excellent resources with the children in my school. They ask for the stories again and again! The resources are well-made and clearly structured and have inspired my pupils to create their own little stories.
My weekly planning wouldn’t be complete without a little something from A Green Mouse. ¡Muchas Gracias!”
– “Thanks for having this site up. It’s very helpful for my son learning French. You have great songs and learning for anyone. Merci beaucoup mon ami.”
– “The authenticity of your resources makes them so compelling. Just right for the children I teach. ¡Gracias por tu trabajo!”
– “Love the listening resources shared by A Green Mouse – so real, so clear, and very human. Dogs are great too.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .