About A Green Mouse
Named after an old French nursery rhyme, ‘Une Souris Verte’,
A Green Mouse creates accessible, subtitled French and Spanish video resources and songs for listening and speaking practice, together with explanations of relevant grammar.
The resources are set in a context of everyday life and are mindful of nature and the environment.
They are for teachers, children and students from beginner to intermediate level.
Index to all resources:
French for Children
Spanish for Children
A Green Mouse is listed as an ‘Inspiring Project’ on Speak to the Future, and embedded free video resources as a Content Partner on TESConnect (the Times Educational Supplement Online) from 2012 to 2015:
– Member of the UK Department for Education Expert Committee on Language, and former Ofsted Inspector, John Bald:
“A Green Mouse is an inspiring, free resource that gives lots of interesting, free practice to everyone wishing to learn Spanish and French.”
– Marie Foreman, Head of Spanish, Dame Bradbury’s School:
“I have used many of the excellent resources with the children in my school. They ask for the stories again and again! The resources are well-made and clearly structured and have inspired my pupils to create their own little stories.
My weekly planning wouldn’t be complete without a little something from A Green Mouse. ¡Muchas Gracias!”
– “Really excellent visuals and organization of content. I’m an adult learner but I still really appreciate your videos. They make learning fun and easy. Great job!” Re: Parts of the Body in French
– “Perfect” Re: My Family in Spanish
– “Characteristically beautiful, moving, life-affirming resource from A Green Mouse.” Re: ¿Por qué? Porque no sabe nada …
– “Pupils loved your brilliant stories this week. Thank you!” Re: Spanish Stories
– “This helped me for my Avoir Test. Thanks!” Re: Avoir Practice
– “Excellent travail – J’utilise vos vidéos avec succès auprès d’étudiants adultes analphabètes ou de niveau préalable en français langue seconde .” Re: Reflexive Verb Practice in French
– “The authenticity of your resources makes them so compelling. Just right for the children I teach. ¡Gracias por tu trabajo!”
– “Love the listening resources shared by @1AGreenMouse – so real, so clear, and very human. Dogs are great too.”