KS3 French holiday Resource: Fire!
Free French story and listening practice about a forest fire during a hot summer holiday.
Interesting audiovisual story in the present tense for students to watch, listen to and join in with before reading the words in print and tackling comprehension questions. The resource includes:
- Three video clips in French (with and without subtitles in French and/or English)
- Video Transcript in French + French Worksheet
- Translation work: English transcript
- A list of Vocabulary.
la plupart du temps most of the time
tout à coup suddenly
à cause de because of
au-dessus overhead, above
l’un après l’autre one after the other
quelque part somewhere
les feux de forêt forest fires
l’incendie the fire
la foudre lightening
la négligence humaine human negligence
les cigales the cicadas
un canadair a fire-fighting plane
vos déchets your rubbish
un hélicoptère bombardier
a fire-fighting helicopter
Faites attention à vos déchets!
Watch out with your rubbish!
1. French Audio with French and English subtitles:
2. With French subtitles only:
3. With NO subtitles:
For a French holiday resource using 3 tenses go to:
French Holiday Resource – past, present & future
– – – – –