About A Green Mouse
Named after an old French nursery rhyme, ‘Une Souris Verte’,
A Green Mouse provides French and Spanish listening and speaking practice, together with explanations of relevant grammar.
The resources are set in a context of everyday life and are mindful of nature and the environment.
They are aimed at any interested child, student or teacher from beginner to intermediate level.
Index to all resources:
French for Children
Spanish for Children
– Youtube Channel
A Green Mouse is listed as an ‘Inspiring Project’ on Speak to the Future, A Green Mouse Speak to the Future.
A number of A Green Mouse video resources were embedded on TESConnect (the Times Educational Supplement Online) from 2012 until December 2015:
– Member of the UK Department for Education Expert Committee on Language, and former Ofsted Inspector, John Bald:
“A Green Mouse is an inspiring, free resource that gives lots of interesting, free practice to everyone wishing to learn Spanish and French.”
– Marie Foreman, Head of Spanish, Dame Bradbury’s School:
“I have used many of the excellent resources with the children in my school. They ask for the stories again and again! The resources are well-made and clearly structured and have inspired my pupils to create their own little stories.
My weekly planning wouldn’t be complete without a little something from A Green Mouse. ¡Muchas Gracias!”
– “Really excellent visuals and organization of content. I’m an adult learner but I still really appreciate your videos. They make learning fun and easy. Great job!” Re: Parts of the Body in French
– “Perfect” Re: My Family in Spanish
– “Characteristically beautiful, moving, life-affirming resource from A Green Mouse.” Re: ¿Por qué? Porque no sabe nada …
– “Pupils loved your brilliant stories this week. Thank you!” Re: Spanish Stories
– “This helped me for my Avoir Test. Thanks!” Re: Avoir Practice
– “Excellent travail – J’utilise vos vidéos avec succès auprès d’étudiants adultes analphabètes ou de niveau préalable en français langue seconde .” Re: Reflexive Verb Practice in French
– “The authenticity of your resources makes them so compelling. Just right for the children I teach. ¡Gracias por tu trabajo!”
– “Love the listening resources shared by @1AGreenMouse – so real, so clear, and very human. Dogs are great too.”