About A Green Mouse
A Green Mouse is a free French and Spanish language-learning website created by a mother with an international background, an Honours Degree in Modern Languages, and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
– Constructive, accessible listening and oral practice for any interested child or teacher.
– Resources that give children reasons to want to communicate in French or Spanish.
– Grammar practice in context
– Freely available practice for anybody.
The website is named after a traditional French song:
Une Souris Verte – A Green Mouse:
A Green Mouse was invited to be a Content Partner on TESConnect in 2012 and is very grateful for the mention it received in the February 2013 issue of the Times Educational Supplement magazine:
– Member of the UK Department for Education Expert Committee on Language, and former Ofsted Inspector, John Bald, states:
“A Green Mouse is an inspiring, free resource that gives lots of interesting, free practice to everyone wishing to learn Spanish and French.”
– Marie Foreman, Head of Spanish, Dame Bradbury’s School:
“I have used many of the excellent resources with the children in my school. They ask for the stories again and again! The resources are well-made and clearly structured and have inspired my pupils to create their own little stories.
My weekly planning wouldn’t be complete without a little something from A Green Mouse. ¡Muchas Gracias!”
– – –
– “Really excellent visuals and organization of content. I’m an adult learner but I still really appreciate your videos. They make learning fun and easy. Great job!” Re: Parts of the Body in French
– “Perfect” Re: My Family in Spanish
– “Characteristically beautiful, moving, life-affirming resource from A Green Mouse.” Re: ¿Por qué? Porque no sabe nada …
– “Pupils loved your brilliant stories this week. Thank you!” Re: Spanish Stories
– “This helped me for my Avoir Test. Thanks!” Re: Avoir Practice
– “Excellent travail – J’utilise vos vidéos avec succès auprès d’étudiants adultes analphabètes ou de niveau préalable en français langue seconde .” Re: Reflexive Verb Practice in French
– – –
ALL images, recordings, songs and videos are the work of A Green Mouse and subject to copyright.
Only two videos do not belong completely to A Green Mouse, as they use acknowledged third party Fifa music to set the scene for practice using Modal Verbs:
Je veux, je peux, je dois, and ¡Querer, tener, poder!