About A Green Mouse
A Green Mouse was set up in 2012, and is named after an old French nursery rhyme, ‘Une Souris Verte’.
Specialist language teachers can and do achieve amazing results with children.
Even with a lot of instruction and passive knowledge, students often struggle with confidence when trying to speak in a second language.
A Green Mouse aims to encourage the listening/speaking aspect of learning a language via its video resources, as well as provide clear, focussed grammar practice.
A Green Mouse is available for any child, teacher, parent or student to use at beginner and intermediate level.
– Youtube Channel
– Member of the UK Department for Education Expert Committee on Language, and former Ofsted Inspector, John Bald:
“A Green Mouse is an inspiring, free resource that gives lots of interesting, free practice to everyone wishing to learn Spanish and French.”
– Marie Foreman, Head of Spanish, Dame Bradbury’s School:
“I have used many of the excellent resources with the children in my school. They ask for the stories again and again! The resources are well-made and clearly structured and have inspired my pupils to create their own little stories.
My weekly planning wouldn’t be complete without a little something from A Green Mouse. ¡Muchas Gracias!”
– “Really excellent visuals and organization of content. I’m an adult learner but I still really appreciate your videos. They make learning fun and easy. Great job!” Re: Parts of the Body in French
– “Perfect” Re: My Family in Spanish
– “Characteristically beautiful, moving, life-affirming resource from A Green Mouse.” Re: ¿Por qué? Porque no sabe nada …
– “Pupils loved your brilliant stories this week. Thank you!” Re: Spanish Stories
– “This helped me for my Avoir Test. Thanks!” Re: Avoir Practice
– “Excellent travail – J’utilise vos vidéos avec succès auprès d’étudiants adultes analphabètes ou de niveau préalable en français langue seconde .” Re: Reflexive Verb Practice in French
– “The authenticity of your resources makes them so compelling. Just right for the children I teach. ¡Gracias por tu trabajo!”
– “Love the listening resources shared by @1AGreenMouse – so real, so clear, and very human. Dogs are great too.”
A Green Mouse shared video resources on TESConnect (the Times Educational Supplement Online) for three years, during which time it was very grateful for the following mention in a February 2013 issue of the Times Educational Supplement magazine: