French & Spanish for Children
Free online French and Spanish for young people aged 7 – 14.
Songs and Activities for children under 7.
The resources are for independent practice and revision, use in class, creative ideas, and homework (flipped learning).
– Accessible KS2 and KS3 French and Spanish Listening and Oral Practice
– Beginner and Intermediate language resources to challenge and engage students, and encourage participation and interaction in class.
– French and Spanish stories, grammar, topics, activities and vocabulary, with subtitled video clips for students to join in with.
– Member of the UK Department for Education Expert Committee on Language, and former Ofsted Inspector, John Bald, states:
“A Green Mouse is an inspiring, free resource that gives lots of interesting, free practice to everyone wishing to learn Spanish and French”
Read the comments below and click here to visit:
A Green Mouse Youtube Channel
– “Really excellent visuals and organization of content. I’m an adult learner but I still really appreciate your videos. They make learning fun and easy. Great job!” (youtube)
– “Perfect” (youtube)
– “Excellent travail – J’utilise vos vidéos avec succès auprès d’étudiants adultes analphabètes ou de niveau préalable en français langue seconde .” (youtube)
A Green Mouse became a Content Partner on TESConnect in September 2012, and was mentioned in the February 2013 issue of The Times Educational Supplement Magazine:
Tasters in SPANISH:
1. Introduction to Food in Spanish: Breakfast, lunch, tea …
Click El Desayuno, El Almuerzo, La Merienda, La Cena to see the video in context with vocabulary and follow-up questions. Everything is online and free.
2. Meet Billy in Spanish: Find out about his family, where he lives, his interests and his friends.
Click ¡Hola! Me llamo Billy to read the words online and answer free comprehension questions.
3: The Future with IR
Introduction in the past tense before lots of practice using the Near Future: IR a + infinitive
Tasters in FRENCH:
1. A friendly ‘story’ about an old dog who compares himself to a younger, faster one. Click Comparisons in French to read through the grammar next to the video clip and answer free online questions.
2. French Food and Drink Practice:
Eating out, in a restaurant, in the open air, takeaways, and doing chores at home.
Click Going to a café in French for a second video clip with each phrase repeated twice, a video transcript, and online comprehension questions.
3. Meet Billy in French! Find out about his family, where he lives, his interests and his friends. Click Je m’appelle Billy for comprehension questions and the video transcript:
– – –